Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions, Concerns, Comments, and Bugs
If you have any problems or don't understand something about the forum or the game, post here.
"One cannot defeat a heat storm, one must ride it" ~ Twi'lek proverb

"I want you to listen to me very carefully. Otherwise you'll die. In an interesting fashion. Over a period."
~The Patrician

"Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?" ~ Terry Pratchett
You can ask questions specific to your planet here but the answer to which should be public knowledge, yes?

- Can I assume that, given SWonomic making little to no sense, a slave-based economy is (or at least can be) just as good (or better) as a "normal" economy? And that I'm encouraged to stick to the slaver path and start some shit that can generate activity and that the Republic can respond to, instead of doing the sensible thing by reforming the state and re-joining?
Entirely unrelated to the above:

The design for handling planet stats is elegant, given the lack of an engine on this site, but there's now no way of knowing the stats of anyone else? This makes geopolitics a bit hard when you don't know any relative measures of power at all. Perhaps something like everyone's annual income could be posted in a news post once each year?
(01-24-2020, 07:16 PM)Itake Wrote: You can ask questions specific to your planet here but the answer to which should be public knowledge, yes?

- Can I assume that, given SWonomic making little to no sense, a slave-based economy is (or at least can be) just as good (or better) as a "normal" economy? And that I'm encouraged to stick to the slaver path and start some shit that can generate activity and that the Republic can respond to, instead of doing the sensible thing by reforming the state and re-joining?

Well we have a great example in the Hutts that a slave based economy can thrive in the SW universe.  If you are asked if you're going to be "pigeon holed" into reforming yourself the answer is no.  I may guide you to one side or the other depending on how it all plays out but I am not going to force you to one side or the other (I also won't shield you from the consequences either).  To be honest you can succeed or fail either way.  

Quote:The design for handling planet stats is elegant, given the lack of an engine on this site, but there's now no way of knowing the stats of anyone else? This makes geopolitics a bit hard when you don't know any relative measures of power at all. Perhaps something like everyone's annual income could be posted in a news post once each year?

The issue of relative power is noted in the designation of the three "Great Powers"; Coruscant, Corellia, and Alsakan.  There is also a wide range of Secondary Powers from those of near Great Power status, like Empress Teta and Rendili to rather poor ones like Iridonia or the Tions.  Your actual treasury I would consider to be sensitive information and would highly recommend not divulging that information to other players.  However I could do like a periodical list of the most powerful planets in terms of "economic clout" or something to that effect without necessary divulging sensitive information, so that is an idea I may try out during the round.
Dooku:  Oh my naive young Jedi, you must be overly optimistic if you think these Weequayans plan to let you leave this planet.
Anakin: They're planet hopping thieves looking for a quick score, they have no interest in picking a fight with Jedi.
Dooku: They are devious and deceitful, and most importantly, stupid. 
Obi-Wan: It's no wonder you get along with them so well Dooku, you have so much in common.
Dooku: You under-estimate them at your own peril...Kenobi...
So for the investments section, the number listed here is the amount I receive from it or the amount spent into it?
Amount already invested or its equivalent value, your specific case being the latter.
Dooku:  Oh my naive young Jedi, you must be overly optimistic if you think these Weequayans plan to let you leave this planet.
Anakin: They're planet hopping thieves looking for a quick score, they have no interest in picking a fight with Jedi.
Obi-Wan: It's no wonder you get along with them so well Dooku, you have so much in common.
Okay, so what I don't understand is how do I get a return on that investment then?

Quote:Investments: Most Economic Actions will be resolved as an investment, made by you (the Government) in a wide variety of different areas. As the Round matures, investment and returns can have a significant impact on your total revenue either positively or negatively. You will not necessarily know for sure how risky your investment will be, and the Staff can only give you general guidance on the matter. To be fair, and for the sanity of everyone involved, the main rule of thumb is the greater the possible return, the higher the risk of failure.

I think I like the concept, but I feel uncertain of exactly how that's supposed to work? I mean essentially this is saying that an investment has already been made correct? I guess I just don't understand the details of how that investment will be resolved? Am I making sense?
(02-08-2020, 05:53 AM)Proxy Moxie Wrote: Okay, so what I don't understand is how do I get a return on that investment then?

Quote:Investments:  Most Economic Actions will be resolved as an investment, made by you (the Government) in a wide variety of different areas.  As the Round matures, investment and returns can have a significant impact on your total revenue either positively or negatively.  You will not necessarily know for sure how risky your investment will be, and the Staff can only give you general guidance on the matter.  To be fair, and for the sanity of everyone involved, the main rule of thumb is the greater the possible return, the higher the risk of failure. 

I think I like the concept, but I feel uncertain of exactly how that's supposed to work? I mean essentially this is saying that an investment has already been made correct? I guess I just don't understand the details of how that investment will be resolved? Am I making sense?
It does not say that, it says if you do an econ action to invest your government revenue you will (perhaps) make a return on that investment.  At the start of the round, there are already going to be existing investments that have a major impact prior to the round starting, hence there are starting investments.
Also, you did receive return on the investment on your planet info, it is in your total receipts along with tax and trade income.
Thankyou, that makes a little more sense now