Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperial Politics
The Council of Moffs has recently, reluctantly, signed a peace treaty with the New Republic. With bloated military budgets, massive debt, and a vastly reduced sphere of influence.... What sort of issues, politics, plots, schemes, etc. do you anticipate being on the top of the agenda this coming round?
Off the top of my head the Imperial economy post-Bastion Accords is in a poor state. In my opinion it does not approach Weimar Republic levels of bad but it's pretty bad. On top of what you've already stated (bloated military budget, debts) there's additional factors in the recession of the Imperial Economy. One of those reasons is the Imperial Remnant's banning of slavery and sudden lack of free/forced labor. Another stated canonical reason is that locally produced goods in the Imperial Remnant are being out-competed by cheaper imported products from the New Republic. Both the sudden freedom of forced labor compounded by a lack of a market for manufactured goods and the long standing proliferation of droid labor make a product of very high unemployment at most levels of the economy.

How the Empire can fix that however I believe will be one of the trickiest and perhaps the most fun parts of this round would not just be putting the economy back together, but that the Imperial Economy operates on sort of a dual system from what we consider in real life to be opposing ideologies. Its a mixture of Marxist State Capitalism and the Fascist Cartel System. Finding the antidote for that condition will be a tough one to crack I think.
Dooku:  Oh my naive young Jedi, you must be overly optimistic if you think these Weequayans plan to let you leave this planet.
Anakin: They're planet hopping thieves looking for a quick score, they have no interest in picking a fight with Jedi.
Dooku: They are devious and deceitful, and most importantly, stupid. 
Obi-Wan: It's no wonder you get along with them so well Dooku, you have so much in common.
Dooku: You under-estimate them at your own peril...Kenobi...
From a political standpoint, I think the Imperial Remnant is well primed to either reform for the better or collapse into complete anarchy.  The current viewpoints not just on the Moff Council but I believe in the general populace is that there are in essence two camps, those who wish to see reform, and hardliners who believe the system does not need change.  I am sure there's plenty of people somewhere in the middle, I however believe that even those that could be labeled "reformist" are not inclined to a Democratic State in all levels of government.  Whomever ends up in charge I think would take someone who can manage and navigate the Imperial political landscape with near Bismarck-ian level of outlook and success.
Dooku:  Oh my naive young Jedi, you must be overly optimistic if you think these Weequayans plan to let you leave this planet.
Anakin: They're planet hopping thieves looking for a quick score, they have no interest in picking a fight with Jedi.
Obi-Wan: It's no wonder you get along with them so well Dooku, you have so much in common.
Reform, politically, military, and economically. It's kinda the norm after an event like the IR being defeated.
Hardline neofascist cryptomiitaristic industrial synergy. Get it? Synergy.

Get in losers, we're worshipping Vader.
(09-09-2020, 11:23 PM)Syn Wrote: Hardline neofascist cryptomiitaristic industrial synergy. Get it? Synergy.

Palpatine worship or get out
All hail the one and only true god, Wilhuf Tarkin.

. . .

I'll blow your planet up bitches.
(09-09-2020, 11:23 PM)Syn Wrote: Hardline neofascist cryptomiitaristic industrial synergy. Get it? Synergy.

Would be difficult without the ISB.
(09-10-2020, 12:49 AM)Srip Wrote:

Palpatine worship or get out

(09-10-2020, 04:24 AM)Witchdoktor Wrote:

Would be difficult without the ISB.

A new ISB. ISC? ISB-2? Only time will tell.